Family involvement pays huge dividends in a child’s education. Every school day, Oldham County families and members of our community support education, knowing it takes strong teamwork with teachers and other school staff to provide the first-class education all children deserve.
Help your child succeed
- Your interest in your child’s progress and school activities demonstrates that you value education.
- Expect youngsters to do their best in school
- Ask what they learned in class
- Encourage them to find out more
- Provide space, time and materials for homework
- Ensure nutritious meals, physical activity and rest
- Read and talk with children about books
- Limit television viewing and other passive activities
- Regularly attend parent-teacher conferences
- Champion trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship
- Keep informed about the issues that impact education through school newsletters, regular communication with staff members, our social media sites and this website