Employment Opportunities

Important Information for Applicants Last Updated: 11/2/2021 1:17 PM

Thank you for your interest in Oldham County Schools. The following information is about our employment application process.  After you have read Important Notices section and other pertinent information below, visit our jobs website to view current employment opportunities and apply online.

  • KRS160.380 requires ALL school applicants to have a letter from the Cabinet for Health & Family Services (CANS Check/DPP-156) indicating no child abuse or neglect.  Applicants must submit the CANS check letter at the time of application. 


DPP-156 - Central Registry Check

  • CBD products are not regulated by the FDA and as a result may contain THC even if this is not listed on the label. Testing positive for THC will disqualify you from employment with the Oldham County Schools.  If you are using a CBD product, please discontinue use prior to applying.
  • Kentucky Retirement Systems (KRS) retirees that are employed after September 1, 2008 with the Oldham County Schools must waive health insurance coverage through KRS and enroll in health insurance coverage through the school district.  
  • Effective September 1, 2010, all substitute teachers will pay for pre-employment physicals and fingerprinting.  Student teachers will pay for fingerprinting.
  • If you do not have access to a computer, please stop by the Oldham County Schools Central Office located at 6165 W. Highway 146 in Crestwood, Kentucky any time during regular office hours, 8:00-4:30. We have a computer available for your use.
  • The Oldham County Board of Education does not discriminate in the provision of services or employment on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, race, national origin, religion, sex or veteran status.

Certified applicants must submit the following electronically via Oldham County Schools Frontline website:

  1. Online Application
  2. Copy of college transcripts
  3. Valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate (or indicate status toward obtaining the Kentucky Certificate) prior to being considered as an applicant for a teaching position.

Reference forms are automatically sent to your references' email addresses when you apply online.  You are required to print and mail the certified reference form to your reference ONLY if you do not have a valid email address for that reference.

For questions about CERTIFIED positions and medical/ maternity leave, please contact:
Becky Gardner, Administrative Secretary

Classified applicants must submit electronically via Oldham County Schools Frontline website:

  1. Online Application
  2. High School Diploma, GED, or information stating that you are currently working on GED.

Reference forms are automatically sent to your references' email addresses when you apply online.  You are required to print and mail the classified reference form to your reference ONLY if you do not have a valid email address for that reference. 

For questions about CLASSIFIED positions and medical/maternity leave, please contact:
Valerie Goodwin, Administrative Secretary

If you are a current Oldham County employee and wish to submit a transfer request for a posted position on the Oldham County Schools Frontline website, you must first create an online account.

  • Go to OCS Employment Opportunities website and create a new account.
  • Once you have established a new account, you may login to submit your application.

For questions about CERTIFIED transfer requests, please contact Becky Gardner, Administrative Secretary.

For questions about CLASSIFIED transfer requests, please contact Valerie Goodwin, Administrative Secretary.  

Instructional Aide Applicants must have 48 college hours or pass the Kentucky Paraeducator Assessment in order to be hired for an Aide position. 

Applications are now OPEN.

TO:  Substitute Teacher Applicants 

FROM:  Tammy Robertson, Substitute Teacher Coordinator
              Richard Graviss, Director of Personnel

SUBJECT:  Application Procedures for Substitute Teaching
REQUIRMENTS:  64 college hours with a 2.45 minimum GPA -OR- Bachelor's degree with no minimum GPA requirement

We look forward to receiving your application to substitute teach in the Oldham County Schools! There are several requirements that must be completed before you are eligible to substitute in our district. Please complete each of the steps below:

  1.  Professional Certified Staff Application - including 2 References (online).
  2.  If you hold a valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate - Upload with your application or provide to Personnel Office (if applicable).
  3.  Official College Transcript(s) – Upload with your application or provide to Personnel Office .
  4.  Medical Examination and TB Risk Factor Assessment – This is your financial responsibility.  You may see any doctor of your choosing.  Print form, visit your doctor and provide to Personnel Office 
  5.  Authorization to Release Information – Print and complete form.  Provide to Personnel Office
  6.  Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) – Print form and complete Section 1 only of this form; attach a copy of your driver’s license and social security card for identification purposes and provide to Personnel Office 
  7.  Child Abuse or Neglect Check - Follow the instructions to complete the Central Registry Check (Form DPP-156) online. A $10 payment is required and you will have to upload a copy of one of the following: driver’s license, birth certificate or social security card. If you have any questions about completing the form, please call the Help Desk in Frankfort at 502-564-0104 ext. 2.
  8.  Form W-4 and K-4 - Print and complete forms.  Provide to Personnel Office
  9.  School Preference Form - Complete and provide to Personnel Office.
  10.  Automatic Deposit Form - Complete, attach a voided check and provide to Personnel Office
  11.  Electronic Materials Code of Ethics Agreement - Complete and provide to Personnel Office
  12.  Form SSA-1945 - Complete and provide to Personnel Office
  13.  FBI Fingerprint Check – This is your financial responsibility. The cost is $50.00.
    Go to: https://uenroll.identogo.com and enter the following service code
    27G41N to schedule your appointment.
    When prompted, please select the following occupation: New Certified/Classified Hire.
    If you do not have access to the internet, you can schedule an appointment by calling 844-543-9714.
  14. TRS Retirees (Only) - TRS Members who retired on or after January 1, 2020 must complete the KTRS Reemployment Certification.

All of the above forms should be sent to:

Oldham County Schools
Attn:  Tammy Robertson

6165 West Highway 146
Crestwood, KY  40014

Please note:  House Bill 637 from the Kentucky Legislature mandates that all substitute teachers must now participate in the Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System (KTRS).  Social Security (FICA) will not be deducted.

For questions about SUBSTITUTE TEACHING, please contact:
Tammy Robertson, Sub Coordinator

Oldham County Schools welcomes future educators to student teach in our district. Student teaching in Oldham County provides a wonderful experience teaching in innovative schools.

Student Teacher Application Information

Step 1:  Submit the student teaching information to your college or university, completing all requirements necessary.

Step 2:  After approval from your college or university to student teach, the University/College Education Department will notify the Oldham County Schools Personnel Department.

Step 3:  The Personnel Department will contact schools and inform them that a student teacher is available.

Step 4:  The school will notify the Personnel Department if a placement is available and will contact the college or university placement office of the decision.

Step 5:  A fingerprint background check needs to be completed before beginning student teaching. Please call the Personnel Department (502-241-3500) at least 15 days before the start date to set up an appointment to be fingerprinted. If you have the results of a fingerprint check that is one year or less, please provide this to the Personnel Department.

Step 6:  Begin student teaching!  

Step 7:  You may apply to teach in Oldham County when you finish your certification and receive a statement of eligibility from the Educational Professional Standards Board.

For more information, contact Becky Gardner or Richard Graviss at 502-241-3500.