Your child is eligible if he/she meets Head Start or Kentucky State Funded Preschool income guidelines, or if he/she has a disability that meets the eligibility requirements set forth in the federal law under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) as well as state regulations and district policies and procedures. The disability must have an adverse effect on educational performance.
Please call 222-3700 for more information and/or to discuss and schedule a screening appointment for your child.
Kentucky Preschool 4 Year Old Eligibility Guidelines
Income Chart for 160% of Poverty FY 2022-23
Based on HHS Guidelines in effect as of January 12, 2022
||160% of Poverty
For each additional family member add $7,552 ($4,720 multiplied by 160%)
To receive information on enrollment, please call the preschool at 222-3700.
The documents that are required for your child's enrollment are:
- The child's state birth certificate (full size and not a hospital certificate)
- A medical insurance card
- A state immunization certificate (from the Health Department or doctor's office)
- Proof of family income (because OCPS is funded by a government program, this information is required)
- Proof of Residency in Oldham County
- A school physical
- A Kentucky School Eye Exam (must be done by a licensed ophthalmologist or optometrist)
- Any information relating to your child's disability (if applicable)
- A copy of the child's social security card is requested